quarta-feira, 26 de outubro de 2011

Cab talking

"Did you have a long day?” “Yes i did” “Where are you from?” “Portugal” “Oh, Portugal!!!” “And you?” “India” “Pakistan” “From Curdistan” “Poland” “I am english” (...) I never met so many different nationalities in such a short period of time. Never had so many conversations after midnight about culture, languages, travels, colonisation… Indeed, I came here to study intercultural communication. And if I am experiencing how is to adapt ourselves to a new context, discover new places, get used to another language, learn a different job, make new friends… I am also communicating all the time with culture. Multi-contexts surround me, everyday. They teach me new words and they show me boundaries of socialization. They help me in personal skills' development and they bring me frustation. They fill me up with knowledge and pleasure and they take away my confort zone. Everyday is a new challenge... as everynight I get on the cab... and I get out... "My home is here, on the right... number 25... thank you and have a good evening!"

1 comentário:

Rita Roque disse...

E tu está no meu coração! Beijos doces!